small gifts - BIG IMPACT
A small gift to Highline Schools Foundation today will make a big impact on kids in our community- so they get what they need to succeed in school - right now!
The Highline Schools Foundation plays an important role in our community—we get students in Highline Public Schools the resources they need to excel. We need your help.
Today, we are asking you to make a small gift to our cause. With many small gifts, we will reach our goal of $25,000 raised to benefit students in Highline Public schools this December.
- 75% of students in Highline Public Schools live in poverty, and can’t afford simple things like school supplies, sports fees, or even food and clothing. The Highline Schools Foundation helps these students get the basic items they need to be successful. With your help, we can give more.
- Because of state budget cuts, many teachers in Highline spend their own money for classroom needs. Basic things like books and supplies are needed, as well as field trip funding, science materials, technology tools and arts programs. The Foundation helped 77 classrooms by funding their needs last year—but we had 124 requests. With your help, we can fund more.
- Highline Public Schools is preparing our students to graduate ready to choose their future. With the Foundation’s help—many students can now choose college as their next step. Highline Schools Foundation donates over $70,000 in college tuition to students in need each year in the form of scholarships. With your help, we can donate more.
You can make a big impact in a student’s life today:
- Your gift of $10 will help one student with basic needs like school supplies, food and clothing.
- Your gift of $25 pays the fees for one student to participate on his or her school’s sports team.
- Your gift of $40 refurbishes one musical instrument for a student in band or orchestra.
- Your gift of $100 purchases 20 new books for a classroom library.
Please donate what you can
Every donation counts. Please GIVE today to help students this year. Thank you!
Click HERE for more information and to see the THREE easy ways you can make a small gift today to benefit students in Highline Public schools this school year.
GOLD STAR AWARD NOMINATIONS
Each year since 2001, the Highline Schools Foundation has solicited nominations from community members, district employees and parents for their prestigious Gold Star Awards.
Nominations are NOW OPEN for the 2015 Gold Star Awards in the following categories:
- Outstanding Teacher
- Outstanding Volunteer
- Outstanding Classified or Professional Support Staff
- Outstanding Administrator
- Outstanding Alumnus
Click HERE to nominate your Gold Star Today!
In the News:
|A BIG THANK YOU! to everyone who helped make both the Burien Brat Trot and Oktoberfest Auction such great successes! Whether you were a volunteer, attendee, sponsor or donor - your support is always integral to our success! And because of events like the Brat Trot and Oktoberfest, the Foundation has the honor to help support our teachers and schools with the annual Excel Grants!Every year, the Highline Schools Foundation grants teachers the funds they need to support unique and innovative programs in their classrooms that their schools budget's can't provide through Excel Grants.
| The Impact Grant program, now in its second year, is partially funded by Alaska Airlines. The grant is a tool in which the Foundation awards $10,000 to one school or program in the district for an opportunity that aligns with the Highline Public Schools strategic plan in a way that impacts a large number of students. This year’s Impact Grant winner, announced at the State of our Schools event on 11/23/14, is a grant called "Making an Impact: Building Bright Futures for Young Women in Computer Science". It was written by Royce Badley, Assistant Director of Career & College Pathways, and Julie Burr, Career Access Manager, for Highline Public Schools. Read more ...