Welcome to Highline Schools Foundation
The Highline Schools Foundation plays a critical role for Highline Public Schools—we provide our students with the resources they need to succeed in school. From classroom supplies to sports equipment, from field trips to scholarships, the Highline Schools Foundation raises funds to help our communities’ kids with what they need in school.
Poverty is a significant and growing problem for America – over 63% of our student population are on the free or reduced lunch program, meaning their family income falls below the poverty line. The Foundation supports these under-resourced students in a variety of ways. [READ MORE]
A gift to Highline Schools Foundation is something much bigger than one donation – it signifies that you believe in a future where all students reach their highest potential, where all teachers can provide enriched learning experiences and where all graduates are college or career ready – and that such a future is worth fighting for.
Your donations make a difference in the lives of individual students and your gifts help to provide outstanding academic and athletic programs, scholarships, tools for our teachers, a rich community environment and so much more.
YOUR support makes it possible!
2018 Gold Star Award winners:
- Outstanding Teacher – Reid Sundblad, Chinook Middle School, Physical Education
- Outstanding Volunteer – Long Phan, Evergreen High School
- Outstanding Administrator – Kisa Hendrickson, Chief Engagement & Partnerships Officer
- Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year – Isel Betancourt Sanchez, Madrona Elementary School, Grade 3 - Dual Language
- Outstanding Classified Staff – Maureen Roe, Parkside Elementary School, Paraeducator (not pictured)
- Outstanding Alumnus – John Requa, Highline High School, Class of 1985/Screenwriter (not pictured)
Read about each of the 2018 Gold Star Award winners on our blog: 2018 Gold Star Award Winners
Gold Star Fundraising Breakfast, Friday, April 20
The Gold Star Award winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual Gold Star Awards Fundraising Breakfast on April 20, 2018 at Cedarbrook Lodge. Together we will celebrate the bold initiatives and leaders that are making a difference in the lives of our students.
The Gold Star Awards Breakfast is the Foundation’s largest fundraiser supporting the exciting, bold work being done to benefit all students in Highline Public Schools.
All of the funds raised by Highline Schools Foundation help students and teachers in Highline Public Schools get the resources they need to be successful.
Friday, April 20, 2018 from 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
18525 36th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98188
Supported by United Way of King County