(Burien, WA)— Each year, the Gold Star Awards Breakfast is a much-anticipated celebration and fundraiser to benefit the Highline Schools Foundation, which is the only non-profit organization supporting all schools in the Highline School District. This year, the Highline Schools Foundation is thrilled to announce that, thanks to the incredible generosity of our breakfast sponsors and attendees – nearly $75,000 was raised to support students in our district.
The Foundation is extremely thankful for everyone’s generosity. Together, we are making an impact on students in our district by supporting their academic needs, their desire for college & career readiness, their opportunities for arts and athletic experiences in school, and many more unique and individual needs that come with supporting a district as diverse and as extraordinary as Highline.
Highlights from the Gold Star Awards Breakfast include:
- Highline Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Susan Enfield’s address, which gave an update on the strategy—and ambitious goals—in the district’s yet to be unveiled 5-year Strategic Plan.
- The surprise announcement of a $5,000 scholarship to Global Connections Senior Susan Kimani, awarded and funded by Comcast, a Foundation partner.
- Performances by a trio from the Global Connections High School Wind Ensemble and the Cedarhurst Elementary School Choir.
- And, last but not least, the honoring of the 2013 Highline Schools Foundation Gold Star Award winners:
- Outstanding Administrator, CHRIS LARSEN, Principal, Seahurst Elementary
- Outstanding Alumnus, DAN SATTERBERG, King County Prosecutor and HHS Grad
- Outstanding Classified Staff, SHERI SUTLIFF , Chinook Middle School
- Outstanding Teacher, LANA BAROUDI, Bow Lake Elementary
- Outstanding Volunteer, SHERI HEALEY, Mount Rainier High School
Support from community businesses and corporations is integral to our success!
Thank you toall our wonderful Gold STar Award Breakfast sponsors – without YOU we wouldn’t be able to do what WE do!
Badgley Phelps Investment Managers
The Boeing Company
Brown & Brown Insurance
Cove to Clover
Des Moines Rotary Club
Ferguson Wellman Capital Management
Foster Pepper PLLC
Highline Education Association
King County Councilmember Julia Patterson
The Partners Group
Evelyne Rozner and Matt Griffin
Seattle-Northwest Securities Corp.
SGS Glass Co., Inc.
Tin Room, Dan & Claudia House
UA Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 32
Walsh Construction Co.
The Highline Schools Foundation exists solely for the purpose of providing resources to the over 18,000 students in Highline Public Schools. Sponsorships benefit every student, in every classroom, every day. If you would like more information about becoming a sponsor for this, or any Foundation event, please contact Ashley Fosberg [email protected].