Help send local girls to their prom in style!
Project PROMise™ is Highline School’s Foundation’s outreach program in which new and gently used formal dresses are collected from our community and given to local students in need so they can attend their prom in style!
For the 8th Annual Project PROMise™, the Highline Schools Foundation is collecting beautiful new and gently worn formal dresses and gowns, shoes and accessories from throughout our community. Highline School District high school students in need will be invited to “go shopping” this spring, for the perfect dress and accessories for their prom. The dresses are offered to the girls to keep, or they may return them to the Foundation to be used the following year.
Clean, new or gently used prom dresses, shoes and jewelry can be dropped off at the Highline Schools Foundation office (located inside ERAC) or the following schools and locations by March 1, 2016:
- Burien Community Center: 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien
- Highline High School: 225 S. 152nd St, Burien
- Mount Rainier High School: 22450 19th Ave S, Des Moines
- Evergreen Campus: 830 SW 116th St, Seattle
- Tyee Campus: 4424 S. 188th St, SeaTac
We accept all sizes but have a special need for small and large and plus sizes. Since proms are held in May and June, spring colors are preferred and we also need accessories including shoes, handbags, jewelry and wraps, and undergarments (like Spanx and strapless bras).
Project Promise Sponsorship provides individuals and businesses great exposure in our community, and provides Highline Schools Foundation with resources to be able to support Project PROMise™ and other important programs to help students in Highline Public Schools.
Sponsorships allow Highline Schools Foundation to:
- Purchase discounted dresses in sizes needed (we run out of very small and larger sizes each year)
- Purchase hardware like hangers, dress racks
- Provide dry cleaning for dresses as necessary
- Provide supplies for our volunteer seamstresses
- Offer raffle items for our participants, like dinner certificates, make-overs, manicures, etc.
Download Project PROMise 2016 Sponsor Opportunities for more information or call the Highline Schools Foundation office at 206-248-5196 or email Highline Schools Foundation trustee and Project PROMise chair Meridith Luethe ([email protected]) for more information.
A very big THANK YOU to Burien Community Center and Burien Parks and Recreation for their partnership support of Project PROMise!
Highline Schools Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable corporation and your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the law. Tax ID # 91-2020506