Highline Schools Foundation has numerous committees that community members can join.
The Marketing Committee shall oversee the organization’s marketing and communications strategy. The committee shall ensure a consistent and active communications strategy to all stakeholders for the purposes of recruitment, program messaging, fundraising, awareness, and branding.
The Fundraising Committee shall oversee the organization’s fundraising strategy. The committee shall ensure that appropriate targets are set, help build and implement a comprehensive development strategy, provide guidance to board members on meeting fundraising goals, and track progress toward fundraising goals.
Event Planning Committees
- Gold Star Committee (April 20, 2018) ~ Oversees planning for the Gold Star Awards Breakfast. Subcommittees generally include: Program and Logistics, Sponsorship, Table Captains and Raffle.
- STIA Golf Tournament Committee (July 19, 2018) ~ Oversees planning for the Golf Tournament and auction.
- Burien Brat Trot Committee (September 30, 2018) ~ Oversees the planning of this annual 5K run fundraiser and community festival.
- Oktoberfest Auction Committee (October 19, 2018) ~ Oversees planning for the annual dinner and auction fundraiser.
- Project PROMise™ Committee (April 27-28, 2018) ~ Oversees planning for Project Promise.
- Project N.O.W. Committee (year-round) ~ Oversees the management of the weekend backpack and food pantry programs.
Vanishing Task Forces
These committees are in place for one task and then disband.
- Gold Star Awards Selection Committee ~ Review all nominations and select winners for four award categories. (Meets in late February)
- Student Scholarship Selection Committees ~ Reviews scholarship applications, interviews candidates, and makes recommendation to the Board. (March & April)
- Excel Grant Review Committee ~ Reviews Excel Grant requests and has one or two meetings to make selections. The committee make a recommendations to the Board for approval. (Late October and early November)