From November 25 – December 20, Highline Public Schools in partnership with Yes for Highline will be holding their annual employee campaign. Employees can choose to support either or both organizations through payroll deduction or a gift by check, cash, or credit card.
This represents a change from last year. Yes for Highline has not been an option for employees in the past. However, with a potential bond being put on the ballot in November 2020 to replace Evergreen High School, Tyee High School, and Pacific Middle School, Yes for Highline needs support to make this happen.
What is the difference between Highline Schools Foundation and Yes for Highline?
The Highline Schools Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that plays a critical role for Highline Public Schools—we provide our students with the resources they need to succeed in school. From classroom supplies to sports equipment, from field trips to scholarships, the Highline Schools Foundation raises funds to help our communities’ kids with what they need in school. As a 501(c)3 organization, donations to Highline Schools Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Yes for Highline is a bond/levy campaign committee that is critical to the passage of community support of ballot measures. While the district can present information about the election to the community, they can not advocate for a “yes” vote. Yes for Highline is the group that does the community marketing to encourage people to vote “yes”. As a 501(c)4, gifts to Yes for Highline are not tax deductible.
As an Employee Campaign ambassador, you play a vital role in the success of this campaign and we want to make sure you have the materials you need to be successful.
Below you will find links to resources that you can use in your department or school building to help in sharing about the importance of supporting the Foundation and/or Yes for Highline. Staff or Trustees from the Foundation or volunteers from Yes for Highline are willing to attend a staff meeting to discuss why support is important.
Special Deal: Inspirus Credit Union will donate $25 to Highline Schools Foundation for each donation made by one of its members during this drive. Every district employee that joins Inspirus by 12/20/2019 will receive a $50 starter fund added to their account, courtesy of Inspirus. (Note: this is only on donations to Highline Schools Foundation.)
Please let us know if there is more that we can do to help you with your campaign
The Organization Leaders are here to help you.
- Anne Baunach, Highline Schools Foundation
- Long Phan, Yes for Highline
Resources for Campaign Ambassadors
- Campaign Logo – [Campaign Logo]
- Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities – [Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities]
- Employee Campaign Email Drafts – [Employee-Campaign-Email-Drafts]
Highline Schools Foundation Resources
- HSF Pledge Form (printed) – [2019 HSF Pledge Form]
- HSF Payroll Deduction Online Form – [HSF Online Giving Form]
- HSF Credit Card and Check Online Form – [HSF Credit Card Giving Form]
- Highline Schools Foundation Employee Campaign Talking Points – [Employee Campaign Talking Points for Ambassadors]
- Highline Schools Foundation Employee Giving Campaign Instructions (4-up) – [Employee Giving Campaign Instructions]
- Highline Schools Foundation Employee Giving Campaign Poster (print and post) – [Employee Giving Campaign Poster] Remember to add your name to the bottom so people know where to go for more information.
- Highline Schools Foundation Logo – [Highline Schools Foundation Logo]
Yes for Highline Resources
- Yes for Highline Pledge Form (printed) – [2019 Yes for Highline Pledge Form]
- Yes for Highline Online Payroll Deduction Giving Form – [Yes for Highline Payroll Deduction Way Online Giving Form]
- Yes for Highline Credit Card Giving Form – [Yes for Highline Credit Card Giving Form]
- Yes for Highline Logo – [Yes for Highline Logo]
Videos You Can Show
- Highline Schools Foundation Video (Pacific Islander Club Excel Grant)
- Highline Schools Foundation Video (This is Highline)
- Highline Schools Foundation Video (Celebrate Highline)
- Graduate! Highline Video
- Project PROMise: A Cinderella Story
- United Way Video
Foundation Social Media
Throughout the campaign, we will be sharing stories and photos about Highline Schools Foundation programs. We hope you will support us by liking, sharing, and re-posting our updates.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/HighlineSchoolsFoundation
- Twitter: twitter.com/HighlineSchlsFd
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/highlineschoolsfoundation/