Sunday, September 30, 2018
The Burien Brat Trot is a true community celebration that brings out the fun in all of us and it also raises critical funds for Highline Schools Foundation. Brat Trot is a flat and fast 5k and one-mile race throughout the streets of Burien followed by Bavarian Fest, the best street party around – complete with beer gardens, Dan the Sausageman sausage, kids’ activities, race awards, live music … and who knows what else!
BOTH COURSES (5k and one-mile) begin at the corner of 10th and 152nd street. The 5k (USTAF certified) circles Lake Burien. The one-mile race heads the same direction as the 5k start and does a mid-course turn around for an out-and-back fun run! Both courses finish right where they started, at the corner of 10th and 152nd in the heart of the Brat Trot Bavarian Fest! The run is family-and stroller-friendly. All runners, regardless of age, must register for the run.
👉 WE want YOU for the Burien Brat Trot! Want to help your community and have fun at the same time? Plenty of volunteer jobs available [Volunteer Form]
|2018 Burien Brat Trot Prices : Register early and save some money!
|5k||Very Early Bird||Through 6/30/2018||$ 35.00|
|Early Bird||7/1/18 – 8/15/18||$ 39.00|
|Regular||8/16/18 – 9/28/18||$ 42.00|
|OnSite||9/29/18 – 9/30/18||$ 50.00|
|Student (under age 18)||$ 30.00|
|One-mile||Very Early Bird||Through 6/30/2018||$ 27.00|
|Early Bird||7/1/18 – 8/15/18||$ 35.00|
|Regular||8/16/18 – 9/28/18||$ 37.00|
|OnSite||9/29/18 – 9/30/18||$ 45.00|
|Student (under age 18)||$ 25.00|
|Family||Early Bird||Through 6/30/2018||$ 125.00|
|Regular||7/1/2018 – 9/28/2018||$ 140.00|
5k Race Map:
Packet pick up and late registration
Pick up your race packet on Saturday, September 29, between 1:00 and 4:00 pm, or Sunday starting at 11:00 am, on the corner of 10th and 152nd – South Gate Masonic Lodge lawn.
Parking is available in and around Olde Burien (but watch out for the paid lots!) 152nd Street is closed between Ambaum and 10th Avenue for Bavarian Fest, but plenty of parking is available on on surrounding side streets.
Race Results by Rogue
Every race bib will have a QR code on it, scan this code with your smartphone for your race results as soon as you cross the finish line.
Disposable Timing Chips
Every race bib includes a disposable timing chip and is tracked automatically.
👉 WE want YOU for the Burien Brat Trot! Want to help your community and have fun at the same time? Plenty of volunteer jobs available!
Thank you 2018 Sponsors
Sponsorships benefit every student, in every classroom, every day!
Become a Sponsor in 2018! You can view/download our Burien Brat Trot Sponsorship Flyer or contact our Executive Director, Anne Baunach for more information about sponsorship opportunities available for this event and all Highline Schools Foundation events. [email protected]oolsfoundation.org | (206) 631-3120
The 2017 Burien Brat Trot broke records for the number of registered runners (1,309) – an increase of +14% over last year – with 906 crossing the finish line under sometimes damp skies on Sunday, Oct. 1.
- Top Male Finisher: JON LINDENAUER (16:26)
- Top Female Finisher: KELSEY QUINN (19:46)
- The Fastest Team: CrossFit Burien combined time of 3:35:12
- Team Registration contests Freedom Fitness – Team FreedomDogs
- The school registration drive contests were won by:
- 1st Place, North Hill Elementary
- 2nd Place, St. Francis of Assisi & Hilltop Elementary
- 3rd Place, Highline High School
- The winner of the Alaska Airlines raffle for two tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies (except Cuba)—Chad Harper
- The winner of #thewanderingbrat contest—Emily Rodriguez
- The winning team in the Brat Trot Team Pub Crawl raffle—Team “Whipped Cream Pie”
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BurienBratTrot
- Race Day Photo Album
- Pub Crawl Photo Album
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/burienbrattrot/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BurienBratTrot
In the News
- PHOTOS/VIDEOS: Burien Brat Trot breaks records under damp skies Sunday ~ B-Town Blog (10/02/17)
- Burien Brat Trot weekend is coming up, and here are all the details! ~ B-Town Blog (9/26/17)
- Zombie Fest NW amused, educated hundreds on Saturday ~ B-Town Blog (9/20/17)
- Entertainment lineup announced for the 2017 Burien Brat Trot on Sunday, Oct. 1 ~ B-Town Blog (9/13/17)
- A mother asks: How can we help Seattle-area families in need of food and books? ~ The Seattle Times (9/07/17)
- Early registration rates for the Burien Brat Trot end Thursday night! ~ B-Town Blog (8/30/17)
- SAVE THE DATE: Rotary Club’s ‘Blues & Brews Fest’ will be Saturday, Aug. 26! ~ The Waterland Blog (8/27/16)
- Registration is now OPEN for the 2017 Burien Brat Trot, coming Sunday, Oct. 1! ~ B-Town Blog (8/15/17)
- 1,200 runners
- Top Male Finisher: Kelly MacKay (17:08)
- Top Female Finisher: Carmen Storer (19:55)
- The Fastest Team and Team Registration contests were both won by Freedom Fitness this year!
- The school registration drive contests were won by:
- 1st Place, Seahurst Elementary
- 2nd Place, Hazel Valley Elementary
- 3rd Place, Marvista Elementary and Mount View Elementary
- The winner of the Alaska Airlines raffle for two tickets anywhere Alaska Flies—
- The winner of the “Beat Bret” raffle drawing – Michael Higgins (25:06)
- The winning team in the Brat Trot Team Pub Crawl raffle – team “Wiener Takes It All”
- The winner of #thewanderingbrat contest – Christina Ladan