The Burien Brat Trot 5K is a true community celebration that brings out the fun in all of us and it also raises critical funds for Highline Schools Foundation. Brat Trot is a flat and fast 5k and one-mile race throughout the streets of Burien followed by Bavarian Fest, the best street party around!
THANK you to all our sponsors, runners, volunteers and community members who came out to support the Foundation and Highline Schools this Sunday at Brat Trot!
The 2017 Burien Brat Trot broke records for the number of registered runners (1,309) – an increase of +14% over last year – with 906 crossing the finish line under sometimes damp skies on Sunday, Oct. 1.
- Top Male Finisher: JON LINDENAUER (16:26)
- Top Female Finisher: KELSEY QUINN (19:46)
- The Fastest Team: CrossFit Burien combined time of 3:35:12
- Team Registration contests Freedom Fitness – Team FreedomDogs
- The school registration drive contests were won by:
- 1st Place, North Hill Elementary
- 2nd Place, St. Francis of Assisi & Hilltop Elementary
- 3rd Place, Highline High School
- The winner of the Alaska Airlines raffle for two tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies (except Cuba)—Chad Harper
- The winner of #thewanderingbrat contest—Emily Rodriguez
- The winning team in the Brat Trot Team Pub Crawl raffle—Team “Whipped Cream Pie”
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BurienBratTrot
- Race Day Photo Album
- Pub Crawl Photo Album
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/burienbrattrot/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BurienBratTrot
Pub Crawl Photos
In the News
- PHOTOS/VIDEOS: Burien Brat Trot breaks records under damp skies Sunday ~ B-Town Blog (10/02/17)
- Burien Brat Trot weekend is coming up, and here are all the details! ~ B-Town Blog (9/26/17)
- Zombie Fest NW amused, educated hundreds on Saturday ~ B-Town Blog (9/20/17)
- Entertainment lineup announced for the 2017 Burien Brat Trot on Sunday, Oct. 1 ~ B-Town Blog (9/13/17)
- A mother asks: How can we help Seattle-area families in need of food and books? ~ The Seattle Times (9/07/17)
- Early registration rates for the Burien Brat Trot end Thursday night! ~ B-Town Blog (8/30/17)
- SAVE THE DATE: Rotary Club’s ‘Blues & Brews Fest’ will be Saturday, Aug. 26! ~ The Waterland Blog (8/27/16)
- Registration is now OPEN for the 2017 Burien Brat Trot, coming Sunday, Oct. 1! ~ B-Town Blog (8/15/17)
This festive street party continues to grow each year! Hang out in Olde Burien after the race and enjoy Bavarian Fest! It’s the best street party around – complete with beer gardens, Dan the Sausageman sausage, kids’ activities, race awards, live music … and who knows what else!
Bavarian Fest features plenty of great activities for the kids! This year’s Kids Area is fabulous! Visit the Root Beer Garden sponsored by HMS Host, paint pumpkins, have your face painted, draw with chalk or go crazy on the giant bouncy toy! Plenty of activities for all ages!
Visit our sponsor booths–great fun and activities are planned by Renascent Cross Fit, Lake Burien Physical Therapy, Port of Seattle, CHI Franciscan, Reliant Recovery Water, Fit Body Solutions and more! Take a selfie at the Graduate! Highline photo booth or visit the Seattle Sounders FC’s Rave Foundation Octagon–a great space to kick the soccer ball around with Seattle Sounders FC’s Roger Levesque, who will be at their Octagon between 12:30 – 2:00 pm!
After the race, please join us in the Charity Beer Garden featuring awesome seasonal brews from Georgetown Brewing as well as your traditional Georgetown favorites.
We have three different groups to entertain you on the Main Stage this year thanks to our partnership with the Port of Seattle:
Corporate Team Challenge
Groups of 10 or more representing the same organization can register as Corporate teams and receive a discount. The team with the most registrants by the registration deadline wins a holiday party at the Tin Theater including a $500 credit for food and drink! Teams must have discount codes specific to their team to register.
Fastest Team Challenge
All teams registered will automatically be entered into this challenge! We’ll average every teams’ fastest 10 finish times (5k only). The team with the fastest average time wins bragging rights and a sweet trophy!
When you register for the Brat Trot, enter your school when asked “please select your school affiliation” and your registration will be counted in our school registration drive! The top 3 schools with the most registrants win money for their school or PTSA!
In order to help schools in our district with the resources they need — we’ve partnered some schools together so more schools benefit! [MORE]
Gather your team of two or more, follow clues and scavenge through B-Town for awesome prizes! Crawl tickets $15 per person online (or $20 at the door). Join us on the Friday night before Brat Trot for the best pub crawl around! Teams will earn points through challenges at each stop and be entered to win great prizes! [READ MORE]
Got Angel Wings?
The Highline Schools Foundation was established in 1999 with the purpose of providing community resources to help Highline Public Schools succeed. We believe that by helping to enrich the classroom and school experience, we can engage students to reach a higher level of learning, and the entire community will benefit. The Foundation exists solely for the purpose of providing resources to the nearly 20,000 students in Highline Public Schools.
Sponsorships benefit every student, in every classroom, every day!
Click here to download the 2017 Brat Trot Sponsorship flyer or contact us for more information about sponsorship opportunities available for all Highline Schools Foundation events. Call or email Anne Baunach, HSF Executive Director [email protected] , (206) 631-3120
Go to www.burienbrattrot.com to register and learn more about the race and to see this year’s sponsors.
- 1,200 runners
- Top Male Finisher: Kelly MacKay (17:08)
- Top Female Finisher: Carmen Storer (19:55)
- The Fastest Team and Team Registration contests were both won by Freedom Fitness this year!
- The school registration drive contests were won by:
- 1st Place, Seahurst Elementary
- 2nd Place, Hazel Valley Elementary
- 3rd Place, Marvista Elementary and Mount View Elementary
- The winner of the Alaska Airlines raffle for two tickets anywhere Alaska Flies—
- The winner of the “Beat Bret” raffle drawing – Michael Higgins (25:06)
- The winning team in the Brat Trot Team Pub Crawl raffle – team “Wiener Takes It All”
- The winner of #thewanderingbrat contest – Christina Ladan
In the News 2016:
- Burien Brat Trot raises nearly $65,000 to help Highline Public Schools students ~ B-Town Blog (10/5/16)
- PHOTO GALLERY: Images from Sunday’s Brat Trot 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run ~ B-Town Blog (10/2/16)
- PHOTOS/VIDEOS/RESULTS: Brat Trot shines under sunny skies Sunday ~ B-Town Blog (10/2/16)
- Slow-mo start of the 2016 Burien Brat Trot 5K 10/2/16 – YouTube ~ B-Town Blog (10/2/16)
- Manuela Horn will host the Brat Trot Pub Crawl on Friday, Sept. 30! ~ B-Town Blog (9/21/16)
- Online registration for the Brat Trot 5K Fundraiser ends Thursday, Sept. 29! ~ B-Town Blog (9/20/16)
- Brat Trot is NOT just a race – it’s an experience, returning Sunday, Oct. 2 ~ B-Town Blog (8/17/16)
- Male Overall 5k-Paul Yung
- Female Overall 5k- Carmen Storer
- Male Overall 1 mile – Brennan O’Tool
- Female Overall 1 mile – Renee Jensen
- Team Registration Contest- Freedom Fitness
- Fastest Team Contest – CrossFit Burien
- The Wandering Brat Instagram Contest – Jamie T.
- Alaska Airlines Raffle Winner – Melanie Jackson
- Pub Crawl Raffle Winner – Team Simons
2015 School Registration Contest Winners
- 1st place – Seahurst Elementary ~ $1,000
- 2nd place – Marvista Elementary ~ $750
- 3rd place – St. Francis of Assisi ~ $500
Congratulations to our “partner schools” too!
- Since Marvista wins, so does Highline High School ~ $1,000
- Since St. Francis wins, so does Shorewood Elementary ~ $500