Highline Schools Foundation’s Gold Star Awards are prestigious honors in our school community, recognizing Highline Public Schools’ best and brightest Teachers, Volunteers, Alumni, Staff and Administrators. The Foundation relies on the entire community to bring forward the names of those to be considered for these awards through the Gold Star Award Nomination process.
For Outstanding Administrator, Classified Support Staff, Volunteer and Alumnus:
Please include detailed information about why you are nominating this person, including specific examples of the nominee’s outstanding work.
For Outstanding Teacher
The Gold Star Outstanding Teacher will also represent the District as its Teacher of the Year in the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction sponsored regional contest. OSPI requires more information from those nominating a Teacher of the Year. While explaining why you are nominating this person, please address as much of the following criteria as possible:
- Personal effectiveness
- Community involvement
- History of professional development
- Philosophy on education and education reform
- Commitment to education
- Strong interest in students’ education
- Achievements and recognitions
- Effectiveness in working with diverse ethnicities
Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year
This new award recognizes a teacher in Highline Public Schools with 3 or less years of total teaching experience in Highline or any other district, and who demonstrates outstanding abilities in their field early in their career.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- OR -
Type in the box below (if you are attaching your nomination, please type "see attachment" in the box below).
We have many wonderful outstanding employees and volunteers in the Highline Public Schools. Thank you for taking the time to nominate someone for a Gold Star Award!
Important information about your nomination: After you submit your form, you will see a page that says “Thank You for your Gold Star Nomination. Your nomination has been received.” - if you DON'T see this page, your form HAS NOT been submitted.
Please submit your form again after making sure you have completed all the required fields.
If you have problems submitting the form, please check the following:
- Email addresses must be all lowercase. The form will not accept any CAPITAL letters.
- Double-check you have entered information in all the boxes with a red asterisk * - they are required fields and must be complete
- When attaching a file, after you click on the Browse button, you can either double-click on the file name or click "open" to attach your file.
If you are still having problems, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 206-248-5196.