A Gold Star Award is a great honor. These awards provide our community the opportunity to honor those in our schools and district who have shown outstanding support of students and education and who give all of us inspiration and direction. The BASH! is our time to honor and celebrate everyone who is nominated.
Everyone is invited to celebrate the outstanding Teachers, Volunteers, Staff, Administrators, and Alumni of Highline Public Schools at The BASH! Celebrate! Highline and enjoy an evening of music, drinks, appetizers and a LIVE announcement of the Gold Star Award winners.
Whether you are supporting a specific nominee or just want to be in on the fun and be the first to hear who wins … you don’t want to miss the party! Tickets will go on sale early 2018.
Photos from the 2017 BASH:
2017 Gold Star Award Winners
2017 Gold Star Award Winners (pictured from left to right)
- Outstanding Teacher – Delila Leber, Mount View Elementary, Teacher – Dual Language, Kindergarten
- Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year – Micah Gronvold, Technology, Engineering & Communications High School, Teacher – IAC
- Outstanding Volunteer – Chuck Tuman, Community Volunteer
- Outstanding Professional Staff – Sydni Neves, Chinook Middle School, Instructional Coach
- Outstanding Classified Staff – Kathy Allen, Madrona Elementary, Family Support
- Outstanding Administrator – Gil Parsons, Chinook Middle School, Assistant Principal
2016 Gold Star Award Winners
2016 Gold Star Award winners
- Outstanding Classified Staff – Ila Hewitt, Global Connections
- Outstanding Teacher, Heidi Jacobson-Beal, Beverly Park
- Outstanding Volunteer, Jill Mudge, Gregory Heights
- Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year – Meagan Fleming, Parkside
- Outstanding Administrator, Robin Lamoureux, Parkside
- Outstanding Alumnus, Monique Matheson, Highline High School, Class of 1985/Vice President and Chief Talent and Diversity Officer ~ Nike (not pictured)
This year’s list of impressive nominees includes well-deserving teachers, staff, administrators and volunteers. Highline Schools Foundation congratulates them all, and looks forward to celebrating them at the Gold Star Awards BASH on St. Patrick’s Day! Click HERE for the complete list of nominees.
2015 Gold Star Award Winners
The Highline Schools Foundation announced the winners of the 2015 Gold Star Awards at their annual Gold Star Awards BASH! at the beautiful Bethaday Community Learning Space at Technology Access Foundation in White Center on March 19th. District teachers, administrators and community supporters were in attendance, many rooting on their friends and fellow co-workers who were award nominees.
Congratulations to all nominees and award winners, and a big thank you to everyone who attended and help us celebrate the great work going on in all Highline Schools.
2015 Gold Star Award Winners (pictured from left to right) Back row: Outstanding Teacher – Yazmin Gil, Teacher – Kindergarten Dual Language, Hilltop Elementary School Outstanding Volunteer – Bill Tracy, Community Volunteer Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year – Kimberly Campi, Teacher – Grade 2, McMicken Heights Elementary School Outstanding Professional Staff – Barb Wilson, College Access Specialist, Student Advancement Outstanding Administrator – Anne Arnold, Director, PreK-3 Early Learning, Instruction & Innovation Front Row: Shirley & Bert Strand – parents of Outstanding Alumnus – Michael Strand, Director of Microsoft Business Solutions, Asia Pacific, EHS Class of ‘84