Friends of Evergreen High School is a grassroots community group of students, parents, alumni and community members who are committed to the success of Evergreen High School, its students, and staff. The group works to provide strategic, fundraising and volunteering support to the school.
EHS alum Long Phan and EHS Principal Jacqueline Downey talk with King5 reporter Alex Rozier LIVE on opening day celebrating unified Evergreen!
The Highline Schools Foundation is proud to partner with Friends of Evergreen and act as their fiscal sponsor. Friends of Evergreen closely collaborates with Jacqueline Downey, principal of Evergreen High School, as well as current groups such as the Evergreen Wolverine Booster Club, and future groups that may be created such as a Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA), Alumni Association, or Foundation/Endowment.
This summer, the group raised money to provide an EHS sweatshirt to every student and staff member on the first day of school! Students voted on and selected the sweatshirt design, which features an updated crest logo and Evergreen High School’s new motto: “Dig Deep. Rise Up. Branch Out.” Thanks to generous donors the group raised 120% of their fundraising goal ($18,000)! All funds raised beyond the goal will be used to support other school needs, such as: teacher supplies, student activities, and physical improvements to campus.
Campus Clean-Up Day, August 26, 2017
On Saturday, August 26, more than 100 students, parents, staff, alumni, community members and volunteers showed up at school and helped give Evergreen High School a face lift so that students can start the year with a clean and updated building! The volunteers spent several hours weeding, sorting classroom chairs, decorating bulletin boards, painting and getting the school building in tip top shape for the start of the year. Click HERE for photos from the day.
Grand (Re)opening of Evergreen High School on Wednesday, September 6 from 6:45am – 9:30am!! Evergreen High School administration invites parents, alumni, and community members to join them for a back-to-school celebration and grand (re)opening of Evergreen High School. RSVP here!
- Help welcome students back to campus at a morning rally in the front of the school with the Evergreen band, cheerleaders, and Wolverine mascot!
- Meet school leaders at a community reception in the Library and learn more about exciting plans for Evergreen and ways to help.
- Join students at an all-school assembly in the Main Gym to kick off the school year and help us hand out EHS sweatshirts.
- Tour campus to see improvements for this school year, but also the need for updated facilities because our students deserve a high-quality learning environment.
How can you help support their work and our students?
- Join them on the Friends of Evergreen on Facebook. Click here!
- Subscribe to the Friends of Evergreen Mailing List. Click here! (email archive)
• By Paypal: http://bit.ly/2tpOp3m; please mention “Friends of Evergreen” in the Special Instructions.
• By Phone: (206) 631-3120; please mention “Friends of Evergreen.”
• By Mail: Please make check payable to “Highline Schools Foundation” and mention “Friends of Evergreen” in the Memo section.
Friends of Evergreen
c/o Highline Schools Foundation
15675 Ambaum Blvd SW
Burien, WA 98166
In the News
- Grand (Re)Opening of Evergreen High School will be Wednesday, Sept. 6 ~ White Center Blog (8/30/17)
- Evergreen High School will celebrate its reunification on the first day of school Sept. 6 ~ Highline Times (8/27/17)
- ‘Friends of Evergreen High School’ launches fundraiser for Students & Staff ~ White Center Blog (7/20/17)
Questions? Email [email protected]