For many high school girls, going to the prom is an event anticipated for years—but not going to the prom because the family can’t afford a formal dress can be devastating.
Project PROMise™ is Highline School’s Foundation’s outreach program in which new and gently used formal dresses are collected from our community and given to local students in need so they can attend their prom in style!
Every year, the Highline Schools Foundation collects beautiful new and gently worn formal dresses and gowns, shoes and accessories from throughout our community. Highline Public School high school students in need will be invited to “go shopping” in the spring for the perfect dress and accessories for their prom. The dresses are offered to the students to keep, or they may return them to the Foundation to be used the following year.
A very big THANK YOU to Burien Community Center and Burien Parks and Recreation for their partnership and continuing support of Project PROMise!
Project PROMise is a full day event where Highline Public School students in need get the chance to “go shopping” for the perfect prom dress, shoes and accessories – all for free!
It takes many volunteers to make this event special for these young women. We hope you will be part of this rewarding outreach program. Our volunteers make this event happen! If you would like to be added to the volunteer list, please email us at [email protected] or call (206) 631-3120.
Community Dress Drive
Help send local girls to their prom in style!
February is DRESS DRIVE Month!
Highline Schools Foundation collects beautiful new and gently worn formal dresses and gowns, shoes, and accessories from throughout our community and invites high school students in need to “go shopping” for the perfect dress for their prom. The dresses are offered to the girls to keep, or they may return them to the Foundation to be used the following year.
Item Drop Off Locations – FEBRUARY only
Clean, new or gently used prom dresses, prom jewelry, and prom shoes can be dropped off at the following locations by March 1:
- Burien Community Center: 14700 6th Avenue SW, Burien
- Highline Schools Foundation Office: 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien
- Highline High School: 225 S. 152nd Street, Burien
- Mount Rainier High School: 22450 19th Avenue S., Des Moines
- Evergreen High School: 830 SW 116th St., Seattle
- Tyee High School: 4424 S. 188th Street, SeaTac
We accept all sizes but have a special need for small and large and plus sizes. We also need accessories including shoes, handbags and jewelry!
- Project PROMise 2017 Dress Drive Flyer
- February is Dress Drive Month – Press Release
- Project PROMise Tax Receipt
Project Promise Sponsorship provides individuals and businesses great exposure in our community, and provides Highline Schools Foundation with resources to be able to support Project PROMise™ and other important programs to help students in Highline Public Schools.
Sponsorships allow Highline Schools Foundation to:
- Purchase discounted dresses in sizes needed (we run out of very small and larger sizes each year)
- Purchase hardware like hangers, dress racks
- Provide dry cleaning for dresses as necessary
- Provide supplies for our volunteer seamstresses
- Offer raffle items for our participants, like dinner certificates, make-overs, manicures, etc.
Highline Schools Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable corporation and your
donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the law.
Please call the Highline Schools Foundation office at (206) 631-3120 or email [email protected] for more information or to arrange a pick-up of dresses.
In the News
- Highline Schools Foundation seeks donations for Project PROMise event ~ B-Town Blog (2/04/17)
- PHOTOS BY ISABEL: Highline Schools Foundation delivers its Project PROMise ~ B-Town Blog (5/01/16)
- VIDEO: Project PROMise ~ Jamie Tompkins, Q13 (4/30/16)
- VIDEO: Local fundraising event provides prom attire for high school students ~ KIRO7 (4/30/16)
- 2015 Photo Gallery ~ Facebook
- Project PROMise helps Highline Students find Dress of their Dreams ~ B-Town Blog (4/26/14)
- 2014 Photo Gallery ~ Facebook
- 2013 Photo Gallery ~ Facebook
- Project PROMise, Highline Schools Foundation offers prom dresses & more to teens ~ Highline Times, 2012
- Donated dresses make prom dreams come true ~ KOMO News, 2011
- 2012 Photo Gallery ~ Facebook
- Project PROMise Celebrates Another Year Helping Highline Students ~ B-Town Blog, 2011
- PHOTOS: Highline Schools Foundation Delivers On Their PROMise~ B-Town Blog, 2010